Re: sendmail redirecting mail to aol.com/rr.com/isps blocking dynamicip's

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Mike Burger wrote:

> > The easiest what, that I can think of, is to have multiple 'main.cf'
> > files, each with a "relay_host =" directive in it...you could then script
> > something to determine which network the laptop has been attached to, copy
> > the appropriate main.cf file in place, and start/restart postfix.
>
> Oops...sorry.  Easier might be to write a couple of quick scripts, put
> links to them on the desktop, that copies one main.cf or the other.
>
> Or, you could manually copy the main.cf files into place each time.

I was qchecking this stuff out yesterday - and it appears one can do
the following which is easier to script :) :

postconf -e relayhost=smtp-relay1
or
postconf -e relayhost=smtp-relay1,smtp-relay2

However When I check headear of the mail I sent out - I don't see the
stamp of 'smtp-relay1' in the chain of machines.. I've tryed
restarting the daemons (which shouldn't be necessary). I need to
understand this a bit more.

satish