Re: install freeze at checking 'hlt' instruction

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 12:09, Philippe Rousselot wrote:

> if I start with linux no-hlt install goes fine but
> I cannot restart because of the same problem it
> freezes at checking 'hlt' instruction

During install, you have the opportunity to add parameters to the
kernel. Watch carefully, the installer prompts you to do that at some
point.
Instead of hitting ENTER, add no-hlt and the parameter will be added
permanently to your bootloader. Then booting up after install will not
fail.

--
Florin Andrei

Cypher: "I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking
the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"