Re: install freeze at checking 'hlt' instruction

If the install completes, on reboot interactively edit the grub (or lilo)
boot line (I think you hit "e" or "p" for grub? It's on the boot screen)
line to add the no-hlt.  Then permanently add it to the boot line.  Or boot
the install disk in rescue mode and add no-hlt to the grub.conf file.

HTH - Bob Arendt

Philippe Rousselot wrote:
Hi,

I try to install RH90 on a HP Vectra VLi8

install freezes at :

checking 'hlt' instruction

if I start with linux no-hlt install goes fine but I cannot restart because of the same problem it freezes at checking 'hlt' instruction

I have the exact same problem with mandrake 9.1

Thanks in advance

Philippe