Re: How can I install RPM if RPM is broken?

sean darcy said:
> Still trying to figure this out.
>
> Obviously the problem is that my installed rpm was built with a glibc <
> 2.3.2. Now that I've installed glibc-2.3.2 it's busted. I did try
> --rebuilddb  in a fit a hope. No luck.
>
> The bugzilla link about "upgrading" from an i686 rpm to an i386 was great,
> but not my problem.

Different reason, but can be fixed the same way.

> i could use an install CD - if only this machine had a CD  ( did I mention
> it's realllly old?)
> Is there a way to dl the iso images to the machine and use the floppy
> images
>   to do a rescue?

It is your lucky day.  Just yesterday I saw a post about using NFS ini a
newsgroup (watch the URL wrap):
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-rescuemode-boot.html

Another option would be to put the hard drive into another RH 9 machine.
--
William Hooper