Re: Cross Platform Scheduling App

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, John Haxby wrote:

> >On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Price Technology wrote:
> >

> >>I need a cross platform scheduling app for personal use.  Wifey and I have a
> >>lot of doctor appointments and such for ourselves and our grandchildren.  It
> >>has to be "falling off a log" simple to use or I'll never get my wife to use
> >>it.  A moderately complex setup is OK, as long as day to day use is easy.
> >>
> >>I'm running Shrike and her computer runs W2k.  Computers are networked, shares
> >>functioning, etc.  Database of appointments would probably be stored on her
> >>machine or mine.
> >>

> I have to admit bias, but I should mention Contact  --
> http://www.samsungcontact.com -- it's free for five users and it does
> calendaring and whatnot with Outlook/MAPI.   I use it as a mail server
> at home an an ancient laptop.  There's five of us.  Probably overkill
> for what you want.

Oh, yeah...that's the app that used to be maintained by HP.  I'd heard
really good things about that app, too.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe