Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 3:48 AM
Subject: sendmail problem

I am having problems getting sendmail to forward mail to our exchange server.

I have had no problems with this until release 9.

When I send mail using the -v switch I get the following.

        [barrys@xxxxxxxxx barrys]$ echo "test" | mail -v  barrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        sxhealth.co.nz: Name server timeout
        barrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx... Transient parse error -- message queued for future deli
        very
        barrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx queued

The hosts file and resolv.conf file are configured correctly.
I have no problems pinging sxhnoex2.sxhealth

I am using the following 2 options in sendmail.cf

        define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp:sxhnoex2.sxhealth')dnl
        FEATURE(`nocanonify')dnl

I am doing the changes in /etc/mail

I do notice there is a new config file submit.cf , does this have to be modified?

I have spent ages trying different things , searching and reading.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Barry Surtees
Southern Cross Healthcare
Ph 356-0925 x 8863