Re: sendmail problem

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Barry Surtees wrote:

> I am having problems getting sendmail to forward mail to our exchange
> server.
>
> I have had no problems with this until release 9.
>
> When I send mail using the -v switch I get the following.
>
> 	[barrys@xxxxxxxxx barrys]$ echo "test" | mail -v
> barrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 	sxhealth.co.nz: Name server timeout
> 	barrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Transient parse error -- message queued for
> future deli
> 	very
> 	barrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx queued
>
> The hosts file and resolv.conf file are configured correctly.
> I have no problems pinging sxhnoex2.sxhealth
>
> I am using the following 2 options in sendmail.cf
>
> 	define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp:sxhnoex2.sxhealth')dnl
> 	FEATURE(`nocanonify')dnl
>
> I am doing the changes in /etc/mail
>
> I do notice there is a new config file submit.cf , does this have to be
> modified?
>
> I have spent ages trying different things , searching and reading.
>
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Are those 'SMART_HOST' and 'FEATURE' lines actually in /etc/sendmail.cf,
or in your sendmail.mc file?

If they're in your .mc file, and you've run m4 against it, what does your
DS line look like in the actual /etc/sendmail.cf file?
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe