Re: Red Carpet 2.0.1 on RedHat 9.0

Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
Is anyone else having problems updating their systems via RedCarpet? I'm
trying to update only three packages at a time (because I'm being
limited to 5KB/sec on RC's end) and right now, I'm not able to even
start the process of retrieving those files (whether I run it as root or
a priviledged RC user).

REd carpet pulled all of the desired packages that I requested. I ran the verify system utility first. My system was rweally messed up from updating to RH9 from RH8, via up2date.

I did have a problem once with having to install the old red carpet rpm. For some unknown reason, it errored on coming up.

I'm using a cable modem and the connections were fairly decent, at the time that I installed the program.

You might want to verify your system dependacies first. Then try to retrieve some programs again.

BTW - I haven't used RC much lately. Getting my system dependacies corrected was my major goal. It worked, to my astonishment.

Later,

Jim

--
Ryan's Law:
	Make three correct guesses consecutively