RE: Linux Router

If it can help I tried pinging again after running "service iptables stop"
but it still didn't ping

-----Original Message-----
From: Galea Gilbert
Sent: 18 June 2003 14:22
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Linux Router

thanks a lot Pavel. I had done the echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
now I added the sysctl.conf as you told me and restarted the network service

I realised that once I did service network stop it said
"Disabling IPv4 packet forwarding" so it was working however I still cannot ping
from a machine behind the router to a machine on the other side
(as in diag from subnet 1 to subnet 2)

Laptop ---------- Router ----------- Laptop
(dot 1)					 (dot 2)

can it be that i have some firewalling enabled without me knowing?

Gilbert