Re: The mysterious disappearing text in Mozilla

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 01:39, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

> Without going to your page I can recommend two things if you're having
> that problem.
>
> 1) Validate your HTML[0]
> 2) Validate your CSS [1]
>
> If it doesn't validate, fix your design until it does. Mozilla (and
> Gecko based browsers) and Opera are two of the most compliant browsers
> on the planet.
>
> [0]: http://validator.w3.org/
> [1]: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri.html

They weren't my pages! These were general problems I was having when
browsing. (Actually, I'm a web developer and you're preaching to the
converted when it comes to the standards compliance of Moz and the
importance of validating.)

It turns out that there was something odd in my galeon and mozilla
prefs.js (I think to do with my font settings), which I have been using
for years now through multiple installs and upgrades of Mozilla and
Galeon. I moved them and let both apps recreate them and the problem
went away.

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com