RE: Package Manager in Shrike

thanks a lot Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Audioslave - 7M3 - Live [mailto:creed7m3live@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 June 2003 13:07
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Package Manager in Shrike

Galea Gilbert wrote:
> Hi linux gurus,
>
> I have just installed a fresh version of RH9 and after configuring it properly I found out that there was no Package Manager for RPMs as there was in Enigma. I used to find this very useful since it provides all dependencies and lists all installed packages. Is there any equivalent tool for KDE or Gnome?
>
> Many thanks.

Try Ximian Red Carpet. It has an rpm manager that allows you to choose
installed and uninstalled rpms. It also has a feature to correct
dependacy conflicts.

Basically, it has tabs for installed and uninstalled rpms. I am assuming
that it will show third party programs also. I haven't checked it,
except for the ximian, I have no other third party applications installed.

Jim
--
There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands.