Re: Package Manager in Shrike

Galea Gilbert wrote:
Hi linux gurus,

I have just installed a fresh version of RH9 and after configuring it properly I found out that there was no Package Manager for RPMs as there was in Enigma. I used to find this very useful since it provides all dependencies and lists all installed packages. Is there any equivalent tool for KDE or Gnome?

Many thanks.

Try Ximian Red Carpet. It has an rpm manager that allows you to choose installed and uninstalled rpms. It also has a feature to correct dependacy conflicts.

Basically, it has tabs for installed and uninstalled rpms. I am assuming that it will show third party programs also. I haven't checked it, except for the ximian, I have no other third party applications installed.

Jim
--
There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands.