Re: HP Athlon laptop hangs during boot

Randy Kelsoe wrote:
Matthew D. Sale wrote:

I installed RH9 on a new HP4325 Athlon laptop after repartitioning
with qtparted via knoppix 3.2.  The install seemed to work, and
I can boot in rescue mode or with my Knoppix CD just fine (if I
pass the "nopcmcia" argument to the kernel).

Disabling pcmcia in rc3.d does allow me to boot up, but I need the
pcmcia for my wireless card.

Has anyone run into similar issues with recent HP/Compaq laptops,
and if so, how did you solve it?

It would help if you gave us your model number. Have you checked out:

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/

I have a 2105, and it's working great.

Model 4325 (ze4325us to be exact).  Looked on various sites, did not
find anything relevant to this model, but similar situations for other
older models.  It now boots by disabling pcmcia in /etc/sysconfig and
disabling legacy USB support in the BIOS (otherwise the keyboard is
useless).  Now to get X working....

Its frustrating that Knoppix boots so quickly and runs X with no intervention,
but RH9 does not.