Re: open office single document interface

On 6/13/2003 at 3:30 PM Michael Knepher wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 11:14, shane c branch wrote:
>> Is there a setting to force open office to use a single window for all
>open
>> documents under a given application? If I have 3 writer documents open,
>i don't
>> want to see 3 task bar buttons. I'm using version 1.0.3.1
>>
>Not that I'm aware of, but you can set your taskbar to group icons to
>only show 1 per app. In GNOME, right-click on the window list (taskbar)
>handle and choose Preferences, and set it to Always group windows. The
>KDE taskbar has a similar setting. The drawback to this setting is that
>when you select the grouped app icon, you have to select the particular
>document from a popup menu.
>
>> regards,
>>
>> shane
>--
>Michael Knepher <limbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, i never really cared for grouping icons on the taskbar. That's one of the
first things I turned off on my work machine which has XP loaded on it.  When I
was using Office 2k, I someone sent me a .dll that would force Word to use one
window for all open documents, and I was hoping there is something similar for
OO.

regards,

shane