Corrupted Stage 2 Boot screen text

Hi,

On booting up the computer after the Stage 2 notification, the on screen text is corrupted - vertical lines of dots appear across the screen. The screen becomes readable again once the default font is set just before the red Red Hat banner text.

Everything works perfectly once the font is set - but i still want to fix this. I have tried checking everything i could think of but i cannot find the cause.

The system is a fresh install that i have been stripping down to the bare minimum (console only) - which probable means i have remove an rpm i shouldn't have.

I would be grateful for any suggestions as i am not familiar with what happens at that stage of the boot process.

Thanks

Damian Dowling IT Manager Pallas Foods Ltd

Phone: + 353 69 20200
Fax: + 353 69 20201
Email: damian-dowling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx