Re: Build Advice Please

FrankK wrote:

Hello List:
Attempting to build from a tarball- Is there a How-To for this?
	I downloaded the Emu10k1 driver tarball from SourceForge.
Uncompressed/untarred it into /usr/src.

Build environment variables are not set - LD_LIBRARY_PATH, GCC, etc are null

Missing developer files - kernel source There are probably some build/developer rpms that I need to install.
For example, I don't believe "kernel source" is part of the default install.

First Emu10k1 build error -

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/emu10k1-v0.20a/scripts'

/lib/modules/2.4.20-6/build directory does not exist. Please edit the file
'config' in this directory and set KERNEL_SOURCE to the correct location of your kernel source.

RPM question - what flavor of rpms will work on RH9? I think I saw in the commentary, that the emu-tools rpm file on
SourceForge was for Mandrake. If that is true what would happen if I tried
to install in on RH9?

Regards, FrankK

why not try the excellent checkinstall program, which will build an RPM from the tarball:

http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/