Re: RH9 & Evolution-1.4 Howto?

On 12 Jun 2003, Alejandro González Hernández - Imoq wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 14:22, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> > > 1. Forgot my IMAPS passwords - no biggie.
> >
> > A lot of people have been saying this.  My weird thing is that it's
> > *remembering* my password!  I usually type it in at the beginning of my
> > session but after I upgraded it didn't prompt me for anything.  And it
> > was able to log into my IMAP server without any problems?
>
> No, no, we are talking about different things here :)
>
> I (and probably people that have reported this issue as well) have the
> setting in Evolution to "remember my password". I don't have to type
> it everytime I log in or want to grab my e-mail from the server (I
> know my workstation, I secure it enough to know what am I doing). The
> first time that I started Evolution 1.4 it asked for my passwords
> again (I use imaps, not pop3 or pop3s or imap) but after that, it
> remembered all the passwords and never forgot them ;)

yeah, I understand the feature you're talking about.  I have mine set to
*forget* the password but it's not remembering it by itself.  It's odd,
I just checked the settings and I don't have the "remember password"
checkbox checked.

Oh well, it's still a great improvement over the last version.

later,
ajay

Satyajot (Ajay) Sharma
ssharma@xxxxxxx