Re: RH9 & Evolution-1.4 Howto?

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 21:49, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> There are packages which should work with Red Hat Linux 9 available from
> http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/evolution/  (and they should be such
> that no old deps get broken)

Ok, now here are the problems:

Sometimes, when i restart it, it just sits there doing nothing for
several seconds (10 maybe?), a big blank window eating up CPU. Not a big
deal per se, just ugly.

If i run a CPU hog (think: video transcoder) in the background and try
to shutdown Evolution, it doesn't die. Various bits and pieces remain
alive, i've seen a POP3 connection hanging (instead of being
terminated), etc. I had to do a "killall evolution".

And, BTW, whatever happened to the "killev" command? I can't find it.

--
Florin Andrei

"The concept of firewalls has started to have an effect at the
cultural level: I once heard a kid on a train describe his mother
as a 'stateful firewall' to one of his buddies." - Marcus Ranum