Re: Will RH8 and RH9 Co-Exist?

On Thu, 11 Jun 2003, Colburn wrote:

> Will e2label run under Grub?  I don't see a way to get further in than
> that to edit Labels on the RH9 drive.

No. You will probably have to boot from a rescue disk, assuming you can't
start one or other operating system. (Boot from the install CD with linux
rescue).
Once the rescue system is going, you need to relabel the RH8 disks as
explained in the previous message or by using tune2fs. This should allow
you to boot RedHat 9 (as the labels will no longer be duplicated). Next
you need to edit /etc/fstab on the RedHat 8 disk to use the new labels,
and create an entry in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file on RedHat 9 to boot
your RedHat 8 system, which should then boot successfully.

	Michael Young