Re: openoffice fonts (e.g times) not nice

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 06:51, Christoph Lehmann wrote:
> I run rh9 and openoffice 1.0.2 but the fonts are not very nice (e.g.g
> times) ! what can I do against this?

You could get the Windows TTF fonts from somewhere on the Net (i know
Microsoft had them on their website a while ago, they are a selection of
TTF fonts from C:\Windows\Fonts), install them in some directory, then
login AS ROOT and run the Open Office Printer Setup (see in the Office
menu). Click on the Fonts button and then add the fonts from the Windows
TTF fonts directory.

While you're at it, you could add that same directory to the
/etc/X11/fs/config file (to the "catalogue" list, right above the line
that has a single comma on it) and then run "/etc/init.d/xfs reload", to
get the same fonts in all applications, not just OO.

--
Florin Andrei

"The concept of firewalls has started to have an effect at the
cultural level: I once heard a kid on a train describe his mother
as a 'stateful firewall' to one of his buddies." - Marcus Ranum