Re: MS Buys Cross platform Anti-virus

Dennis Gilmore dijo:
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9944
>
> seems ms will stoop to any lengths to try and kill off linux  they just
bought  GeCad which has anti-virus solutions for novell, linux and
mainframes.

Dont worry. NAI McAfee (the lead antivirus software - http://www.nai.com/
) will release in the next few months (maybe august) a VirusScan version
for Linux with graphical interface that will target Desktop users.

Currently there is avaliable a commandline version that can be attached to
Sendmail on the server. If MS close geCad it is OK to me. Anyway I never
used it.

Also I know other antivirus software firms are targetting to the Linux
userbase (Symantec, Kaspersky, etc.)

The news is too fatalist :)

Check:
http://www.mcafeeb2b.com/products/virusscan-cl/default-virusscan-cl.asp