Re: ACPI test kernels?

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 15:14, James Ralston wrote:
> Are there any unsupported kernel RPMs available that...
>
>     1.  support ACPI
>     2.  work with RHL9 with a minimal of package upgrades
>
> The Dell Latitude D600 laptop has absolutely no APM support
> whatsoever; everything is ACPI.  I can live without being able to
> suspend, but not knowing the battery discharge rate (and thus not
> knowing how much longer I can go before having to either shutdown or
> find a power outlet) is a big PITA...

Well, you could get the kernel...src.rpm, tweak it and rebuild it. I did
it a couple of times, not for ACPI, and it's actually quite
straightforward once you learn the ropes.
ACPI is disabled in the RH kernel, you only need to change that setting
in a config.

--
Florin Andrei

"Privacy is such a 20th century concept." - Darren Reed