Re: 2.5 kernels and shrike RPMs

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 15:44, Warren Togami wrote:
<snip>
> For module-init-tools, it is far safer and easier to use modutils from
> Rawhide which has module-init-tools integrated into the same
> executable.  Using upstream's module-init-tools breaks mkinitrd when
> installing 2.4 kernels in the future.

I tried that first when I noticed that it was using the latest
module-init-tools, but it gave me the same problem.

> > ======
> > # grub.conf generated by anaconda
> > #
> > # Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
> > file
> > # NOTICE:  You do not have a /boot partition.  This means that
> > #          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /, eg.
> > #          root (hd0,0)
> > #          kernel /boot/vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda1
> > #          initrd /boot/initrd-version.img
> > #boot=/dev/hda
> > default=1
> > timeout=10
> > splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
> > title 2.5.70
> >         root (hd0,0)
> >         kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.5.70 ro root=/dev/hda1
> >         initrd /boot/initrd-2.5.70.img
<snip>
> Probably the problem is your kernel is unable to read the LABEL of the
> partition.  The workaround would be to change "LABEL=/" to the actual
> root filesystem device.

I don't use LABEL with the 2.5 kernel.  I thought that might be the
problem so I went the 'root=/dev/hda1' route.

> Anyone know what kernel option needs to be activated so the kernel can
> read LABEL from the partitions?
>
> Warren Togami
> warren@xxxxxxxxxx

Are you using a 2.5 kernel now?  At one point I thought you had some RPMs on the fedora site.

Tony
--
Anthony Joseph Seward <anthony.seward@xxxxxxxx>