Re: Help: lpd Won't Start

Tim,

Thanks for your reply...

I tried 'chkconfig' as you suggested.  It shows that lpd is 'on' for
run-states 2-5, as evidenced by it attempting to start up during the boot
phase.  This leads to the error message: "Cannot bind to lpd port 515", and
startup fails.  Once again, this is the same fatal error message I get when
I try to start lpd manually.  I was hoping the 'up2date' of LPRng and CUPS
would fix some subtle problem causing this, but it didn't help.

Any further thoughts on the 'cannot bind' error message, and how to diagnose
and fix (anyone)?

I appreciate the further help.

TIA,

Warren Clearfield