Solution for Filter-Monitor-Log?

Our small college needs a server to filter, monitor, and log everything
going over our T1 line.

It will initially have to handle about 100 users but be expandable to
more.

The traditional solutions run about $10,000 plus an annual fee for the
filter list.  Way out of budget!

It is my guess that someone has a Linux-Apache-OpenSource app and who
charges only for the filter updates, or perhaps a Linux-Apache based-app
for which he/she charges a reasonable initial fee.

The computer folks at the college are limited in knowledge, and that is
limited to M$ stuff.  They do have some volunteer folks who are familiar
with Cisco, M$, and have some knowledge of Linux & Unix.

The solution really needs to be turnkey.

Any recommendations, please?

Thanks!  doc