Re: Man page problem

I have

alias man='LANG=C man'

in my .bashrc. You can try a similar trick for other locales. I do this because otherwise I can't search for flags! For example, "-a" shows up as "âa" instead of "-a" -- if you're lucky these will show up as visually identical, but the first one seems to have an en-dash in front of the "a" and the second a hyphen, and the key labelled with a dash generates "minus" which looks like a hyphen. Is that clear? :-)

jch

___cliff rayman___ wrote:

try:

export LANG=fr_FR

i have to do:
export LANG=C  or export LANG=en_US

in the US in order to get clean man pages.

CÃdric Chausson wrote:

I have a problem with getting some manpages to work. For example, if I try to read the manpage for xawtv, I get the message : iconv: SÃquence d'Ãchappement illÃgale à la position 192

and jsut the title of the man page.