Re: Wow! Kernel 2.4.20-18.9

Klaasjan Brand dijo:
> My home system's (usb) mouse cursor still "pauses" a very small time
> when I'm starting a heavy application (gnome session, mozilla etc). It
> didn't with a 2.5 kernel I tried a while ago, so it seems kernel
> related).

Well, you are right, but this is slightly faster than before. I think the
change from red Hat Linux version 8 to 9 made slower my computer.

With older kernels of version 9 I needed to wait seconds! Now I just wait
some milisecs. It looks to me like an improvement. BTW, I use a USB mouse
too and some hard to load java applications as:

Apache Tomcat 4.1.24
Apache Cocoon 2.1 CVS
Apache Phoenix 4.0.4
jEdit
Druid

As you can see, my working environment is full of Java applications. But I
use KDE.

The java applications are running faster than before. I also yesterday
upgraded to Sun J2SDK 1.4.1_03 from 1.4.1_02.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.