RE: hotmail mail cleint for linux

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 15:50, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:
> Its called Evolution, from Ximian check it out at http://www.ximian.com/
> There is even a commercial exchange connector that allows evolution users to
> share calendars, etc
>
> Michael Weiner

Evolution is a great piece of software, but it won't help getting
hotmail. Since hotmail is web-based mail (AFAIK they don't offer users
the ability to download mail using the POP3 mail program).

If you have access to your hotmail through POP3 then this would work,
without it- then Mozila as a web-browser is your friend.

I seem to remember that recent versions of Outlook are able to talk to
hotmail, and download mail into Outlook (and of course, automatically
open worm infected e-mail..)

A perl script named gotmail (no url handy, google) is around which
'scrapes' the hotmail site and then forwards the messages to a local
mailbox, and it could then be used with Evolution.
The drawback though, is that it's not friendly for a newbie.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx