RE: nvidia and 2.5.70 kernel

On 2 Jun 2003, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> Thanks - I didn't know about the "-ki" option. That should speed up the
> process somewhat.
>
> Have you tried the "make rpm" option someone else mentioned? I was going
> to have a look at that too.

haven't tried it.  i don't have a lot of trouble upgrading kernels,
i just download the latest "bk" patch, apply, grab my old .config file,
and build from that.

there are invariably modules in every bk release that don't compile,
but just don't select them, that's all.  once you have a working
.config file, stick with it through all your upgrades and tweak
it as necessary.

if you really want to see the state of the latest bk release,
www.osdl.org/archive/cherry/stability.

rday

--

Robert P. J. Day