RE: nvidia and 2.5.70 kernel

On 2 Jun 2003, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> Gave this a try (in the proper order) and it still fails in the same
> spot(s). It's starting in the riscom8 module. Seems like a lot of these
> just don't compile yet.
>
> I'll just have to go through the tedious ones until I get them all to go
> I suppose. Just was hoping someone had made it through all of these.

been there, done that ... there's still a number of modules that
don't compile, so the rule is: if you don't need it, don't select
it.  i'm running 2.5.70-bk6 at the moment, and the latest nvidia
driver.  works fine.

to see all the modules that will cause problems, run make
with the "-ki" options, to allow make to continue compiling
in the face of errors.  then just note the ones that failed
and deselect them.

rday

--

Robert P. J. Day