Creative SB Live 5.1 (Dell) Options?

List please help me understand Creative SB Live 5.1 (Dell) Options.

Thanks to some offline posts I found the Creative Open site. They have
the Creative SB Live driver for non-5.1 cards. They refer 5.1 refugees to
4front who apparently sells drivers. 4Front has a bogus link to the
source code.
Some Shrike messages seemed to imply that ALSA was to come up with the
new audio drivers.
I'm not certain if the stock RH9.0 kernel contains ALSA support. Please
yes or no on this on this point.
The Creative SB Live 5.1 is said to use a different DSP chip than the
Creative SB Live non-5.1.
If there's no free driver (source or binaries) for the Creative SB Live
5.1, how would I go about building one of my own?
Apparently the Creative SB Live non-5.1 source code is available. I would
need in addition the specs for each of the different chips. Would this be
a fools errand?

Regards, Frank K