Re: Centrino Support

On Sunday, Jun 1, Jesse Keating wrote:

This is still the case, although all my contacts at Intel deny number 1.

Hm... Here's what I found: http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-993896.html

I'm inclined to believe perhaps Intel was fudging back then, and your Intel contacts know better... Two months should have been long enough for some testing... Though they did say they'd release the drivers 'based on customer demand and timing'. And when Microsoft says it is okay...

And Bill Nottingham wrote:

2. Presently, the Pentium M processor and Intel 855 chipsets are
supported under Linux, but "Centrino Mobile Technology" and the
wireless card aren't.

If by 'Centrino Mobile Technology', you mean any SpeedStep-like functionality, correct, that is the case.

Not sure. That's directly off Intel's web site: http://www.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/os.htm

If all "Centrino Mobile Technology" is is the SpeedStep functionality, then everything else but the wifi card should work, yes? In short, would I be able to install RHL9 and use the system, short of wireless and SpeedStep functionality? And some day, it'll all work...
--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
<jcw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>