Packet drop messages being logged to console

I've run the Bastille-2.1.1 hardening script on a Red Hat 9 system and now
any time the firewall causes a packet to be dropped the drop message is
being displayed on the console.  This makes it difficult to use the console
for administration.  I've looked at /etc/syslog.conf and have commented out
any line that looks as if it might send something to the console but to no
avail.  Is there something else that might be doing this or have I just
missed something in the config file?

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation