memory leak in KMail???

First of all, please forgive mu "laziness", I only did a check in Google
to see how to *uninstall* java (thinking *that* was the culprit, or
even thinking I had somehow lost my swap partition (I can't really
tell...).

However, I am unable to keep the machine running long enough
(without running out of space), that I can even scan the list
achives. The version of kmail here is 1.5 (I generally have that
tkseti, and licq loaded at bootup of the Ximian desktop.

Now, just running Kdiskfree (under KDE) and kmail, and my
free spacke is already dropping  from 13.5 Gb to 10.5 ...
ir just dropped to 10.1 Gb. I only have a terminal window
opened, NOTHING else, not tkseti, not licq, not even limewire,
and while typing just this *one* message, and I now see my
free space has dropped to 9.3Gb.

KDiskFree shows the following devices:
/dev/cdrom (/mnt/cdrom, /dev/cdrom1 (mnt/cdrom1),
/dev/hda1 (/boot), /dev/hda2 (/), and
/dev/hdb /mnt/ls120.0. I don't see a swap space listed in
KDiskFree. Have I somehow managed to *delete* my
swap partition? (System memory: 512Mb).
Right now free space is 7.7Gb and dropping... I'll have
to shoot off this email to the list before I run out of
space, even though I would like to provide some
further detail...

(I