scripting question

I've used wget to mirror a site with many subdirectories.
Unfortunately this site had many spaces in the urls and now I have a
stack of directories with %20 instead of spaces.

Can I write a script to get all directory names with %20 in the name and
replace the %20 with spaces ?

How would I do this ? Pointers would be much appreciated.

Also, could this script be made to drill down into subdirectories and
files ?

Thanks for the help

Ciao
Herbert