Re: packages question

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, joe wrote:

> joe wrote:
>
> > Globe Trotter wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> How does one get a list of all packages that are available on Redhat 9?
> >> redhat-config-packages does not list the complete set....
> >>

> > rpm -qa | sort >package.list
> >
> > works for me
>
> Ah, sorry for the hasty answer - I see now that answered what you did
> not ask -
>
> I assume you mean "available" as in "on the RH CDs"?
>
> There was a "which cd" utility floating around, but we tend to put a
> redhat directory somewhere on the lan, which contains all the packages
> from all the CDs - in a pinch you could get a listing from ftp.redhat.com...

Figures...I sent my reply before seeing this.  Doh!!!
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe