Re: moving up to 2.5 kernels

Pavel Rozenboim wrote:

How did you make virtual console to work?
I compiled with virtual terminal support and with console on VT, but when I
boot the kernel, I see only grub messages. I tried to add console=tty0 to kernel command line, but it doesn't help.
What am I missing?

I fixed it by deleting my .config and copying the default i386 config from arch/i386/defconfig and starting from that. I'm guessing, but it looks as though make xconfig extracted the configuration from my running machine or possibly an old .config file and screwed up when it came to setting CONFIG_VT et al. Fixing those settings "by hand" didn't work either -- there's some serious magic going on in that config stuff.

My synaptics touchpad still doesn't work though, even though the kernel recognises it.

jch