Re: apache config

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 10:39, Shane C Branch wrote:
> I noticed the /etc/httpd/conf/htttpd.conf file for apache includes the
> following line: Generated automatically... if you edit manually, the changes
> will be lost the next time you run apacheconfig.
>
> Well, I would prefer to configure the options manually. The gui doesn't offer
> enough options for what I need to do. So, how do I prevent this config tool
> from overwriting the file? My first thought was to rename it, but I don't want
> that to cause any problems. Is there any reason not to rename that apacheconf
> utility?

Not sure why you'd need to rename it.  If you don't ever run it, it
won't overwrite your configuration files.  If you're worried that
someone else with root access would run it, well, you've got bigger
problems.  :-)

But as Shawn said, you could also completely remove it with no ill
side-effects.

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp@xxxxxxxxx       trilug.org/~jeremy     |