Re: NFS mounting problems. Please help.

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 23:55, Joseph Tate wrote:

> I've made sure that statd and portmapper are running on both systems.
> When I boot the client servers, I get the following message during the
> mounting remote filesystems stage:
>     mount: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive
> I receive it twice actually, once for each mount point.  Nothing appears
> in /var/log/messages on the server.

I get sort of the same, I have an Redhat 8.0 home server, that gets
mounted by several clients, all running Redhat 9, and on everyone, when
they get shutdown (the uptime has no effect), they all error on
shutdown, with the same portmap unable to receive, I have mentioned this
on the list several times, but so far no reply, in my case, it seems its
trying to umount the remote shares, whilst they are still in use, ot
shut down portmapper, before unmounting the shares.

Mark