Re: Sreen Refresh Rate in XF86Config

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:01:17PM -0400, Bruce P. Morin wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Quick question for you knowledgable XFree people out there. I have a
> computer that I used to run Windows on. When it ran Windows, the screen
> refresh rate was set to 70 Hertz. Since using Linux, I have been getting
> headaches when I sit for long in front of the same monitor. This happens
> to me when I sit in front of a machine with low refresh rates.
>
> How can I make sure that the Refresh rate is the same as it was in
> Windows. Right now in my XF86Config file I have a setting such as:
>
> HorizSync    30.0 - 107.0
> VertRefresh  48.0 - 120.0
>
> I guess in simple terms, how do I convert the range to what I need?
The refreswwh rate is determined by your resolution (or really pixels
per inch) Many monitors will tell you this by pushing the right
buttons. Anyway you need to change you resolution (or pixels per
inch) that yoiu are using in the XF86Config file.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.