Re: apache source

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 10:05, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 April 2003 17:25, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > Now I want to compile something that needs that source.  Can I just
> > install the src.rpm?  I sort of want something like the kernel-source
> > rpm.  I found a httpd tar.gz in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ but there are
> > also a lot of patches.  Do I need to apply all those patches to get the
> > 'redhat version', or is that already done?  Or is the source somewhere
> > else?
>
> You don't use a .src.rpm for header files.  You use httpd-devel.  httpd-devel,
> which is on cd2, contains the header files that other software will need.

I tried that, but mod_perl needs the directory structure in the apache
tar.gz to compile properly.  (And yes I know there's a redhat mod_perl,
but I'm trying a slightly newer one...)

Anyway, I unzipped the tar.gz, and applied all the redhat patches that I
found in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/httpd*patch and it seems to be working
ok...
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Leela: "Where were you at 10pm last night?"