Re: Line wrapping..

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 03:36:01PM -0400, Michael Creed Jr. wrote:
> To better agree with everyone, I'd like some line wrapping advice. I'm using Outlook as you can probably all tell. I know your first response is to go open source, but I was just curious if anyone has found a way to make word wrapping work right in Outlook.

This web page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html
has tons of stuff on how to set up all kinds of email clients.
It may have something on how to set up your page width.

 Outlook Express 5.0, 5.50, and 6.00 (Others are in the doc mentioned above:)

    * Select "Tools" then click on "Options..."
    * Click on "Send" tab
    * In the "Mail Sending Format" and "News Sending Format" sections, click
on "Plain Text" bullet in both places
    * In the "Mail Sending Format" section, click on "Plain Text Settings..."
button.
    * In the "Plain Text Settings" window and the Message format section
          o Click MIME bullet
          o Set "Encode text using:" to None.
          o Uncheck the "Allow 8-bit characters in headers"
          o Set Automatically wrap text at 72
          o Check the box in front of "Indent the original text with > when
replying or forwarding"
          o Click OK
    * In the "News Sending Format" section, click on "Plain Text Settings..."
button.
    * In the "Plain Text Settings" window and the Message format section
          o Click MIME bullet
          o Set "Encode text using:" to None.
          o Uncheck the "Allow 8-bit characters in headers"
          o Set Automatically wrap text at 72
          o Check the box in front of "Indent the original text with > when
replying or forwarding"
          o Click OK
    * While still in the "Send" tab, Uncheck "Reply to messages using the
format in which they were sent"
    * Click on "Apply" and then on "OK".

> BTW, How does this message look line wrapping wise?
It was just one looooonnng line.

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz@xxxxxxxx
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an