Re: Emergency: PCMCIA stopped working after non-clean shutdown

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Thomas Dodd wrote:

> D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 14:25, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> >

> >>I agree that's not a nice failure mode.  If I were you, I'd go ahead and
> >>file it in Bugzilla and see what RH says.
> >

> > Sadly, the exact problem was reported in July 2002 against RHL7.2,
> > bugzilla #67814. Still not fixed.
>
> There's a section in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit that cleans up /var/lock and
> /var/run, I guess something needs to be added for /var/lib cleanups?

I'd guess this is not the way to go.  Things in var lib may or may not
need to be preserved across boots.

> Or /etc/init.d/pcmcia needs to clear the stab before starting cardmgr.

Probably.

> Either is a simple fix.

Yes, but someone needs to do it.  At the very least, Brierton should add a
comment to the bugzilla entry noting that the behavior is still wrong in
Shrike.  If thee hasn't been much traffic lately, that will at least
tickle the assigned maintainer.  And it's useful information.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx