Re: Shrike-list digest, Vol 1 #221 - 7 msgs

Michael St. Laurent wrote:

The reason I got interested in this in the first place is that the article I
read made it sound like you didn't need to install client software on a
Windows box to connect to an SSL VPN.  However, this appears not to be
correct.  It looks as if I'll need to use either PPTP (PoPToP) or IPSEC
(Free/SWAN) to do that, yes?

You normally have no need for client software - you have an openvpn box as the gateway, and all traffic on the vpns is compressed and encrypted transparently to the end user.

We have a number of businesses that
use openvpn to connect remote offices
to main office lan, without any client vpn
software -

Joe