Re: How to install source rpm's on redhat 9

Michael Fratoni said:

> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 12:26 pm, William Hooper wrote:
>> Michael Schwendt said:
[snip]

> Sorry for the confussion. The script sets things up that way because
> that's how I like it. ;)
>
> I didn't like having source and patches dumped in /SOURCES and the
> specfile in SPECS/
>
> I've found it much easier to deal with when the source, patches and
> specfile are all in SOURCES/%{name}-%{version}/.
> For example, when building the kernel.src.rpm, it installs almost 200
> files in SOURCES/. Xfree86 is good for another 30-40 files. Combined with
> the source and patches from several other packages, it gets difficult to
> handle in a hurry when it is all in one directory. At least for me, your
> mileage may vary, to each his own, etc. ;)

No problem, we got it worked around.  As you say "to each his own".  In my
case building from source is usually means creating the binary and
installing it.  Not much source hacking involved (though I do
occasionally).  I understand and agree with your reasoning, but having
more than one SRC rpm installed is not a situation I find myself in
normally :-)
--
William Hooper