RE: How to install source rpm's on redhat 9

Canadilla, Pedro said:
> Hi,
>
> In the maximum rpm doc, the examples are done with the user root. Are you
> sure that this is wrong?
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> P.C.

Sorry, I guess I should have changed the subject.  My question was about
building RPMS from source tarballs after setting up a non-root build
environment.  It turns out that the setup I have was trying to create a
directory under the SOURCES for each package and couldn't get the name and
version from the tarball.  So it has nothing to do with being root or not,
as long as your build environment is correct.

--
William Hooper