RE: Pretty major stability issues with shrike

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 04:06, Michael Creed Jr. wrote:
> That's odd Michael, I've been running Shrike for a while now without a hitch. I am however not using X or anything graphical, but thus far my shrike has been rock steady.

not on my system

this is my /etc/syslog.conf

# Log all kernel messages to the console.
# Logging much else clutters up the screen.
#kern.*
/var/log/messages

# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
# Don't log private authentication messages!
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none
/var/log/messages

# The authpriv file has restricted access.
authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.*                                                  /var/log/maillog

# Log cron stuff
cron.*                                                  /var/log/cron

# Everybody gets emergency messages
*.emerg
/var/log/messages

# Save news errors of level crit and higher in a special file.
uucp,news.crit                                          /var/log/spooler

# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.*

Also after trying various permutations of kernels, I tried downgrading
glibc to 2.3.1-51 from rawhide, and things seem to have improved
massively