Re: ls -l please?

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Brian Schmidt (bts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > Could some kind soul give me a ls -l on their /lib/tls directory?  My
> > symlinks are all messed up and I would like to compare them to see where
> > they should be going.  I can't even run RPM at the moment until it's
> > fixed.
>
> Did you install the i386 glibc over the i686 glibc?

Nope.  I made the mistake of following someone's instructions at 1:15am
after having been up since 5am the morning before on fudging an upgrade on
some broken software.  And I didn't double-check the arrangement
beforehand.  I ended up having 2 symlinks off by one directory and a
version number in there.  Enough to cause my boot screen to crap up, RPM
to stop functioning, and X to stomp its feet and take its toys home.
Someone sent me a proper listing, I've gotten it all restored now, and all
is well again.  :-)

Thanks,
Brian

bts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx