Re: grub doesn't boot - formating a raid set as RAID, huh?

At 10:01 AM 4/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Also, during installation, disk druid asked me how I wanted to format the
/dev/md0 RAID.  I could select ext2, ext3, RAID, LVM, etc.  Now, how can you
format a raid set as RAID? It already knows it is RAID.  So I selected it
just to see what it would do.  It skipped the formating of /dev/md0 and this
may also contributed to not booting.

I have no idea what "formatting a RAID drive as RAID" means, but once /dev/md0 is created you should format it with a filesystem (e.g. ext2, ext3, etc.). What you have created is a RAID array which is a type of _partition_ really; there is no such thing as a RAID filesystem.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx