Re: OT need help gxine

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 11:23, Darren R. Weber wrote:
> This is a little off topic but I need help.  I compiled and installed
> gxine the other day and it works great.  Problem is that since I
> installed it it has taken over my system.  I can't find the config that
> controls the mime types for my browser, etc.  Basically any media link
> of any kind is going through gxine now and I can't seem to configure it
> to anything else.  I am using galeon as my browser.  I tried changing

Perhaps you should report this issue to the xine mailing list? There are
some known problems with gxine associating itself with file types, i'm
sure the authors would want to hear some feedback on that.
For now, i'm not using the gxine "wizard" to setup the associations, i
just associate the application manually.

--
Florin Andrei

"You can't go to Windows Update
and get a patch for stupidity." - Kevin Mitnick